ENTRY

It is proposed to again limit the boat entries to 40 boats. Entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Cost for the festival is £20 per angler per day with a minimum of 2 anglers per boat and a maximum of 4.

There is a £20 deposit required to secure a place, this is non refundable. The closing date for bookings is the 31st January 2019 with all balances paid by 28th February 2019. Entry forms can be requested by emailing
 ​
[email protected]

or by downloading from the Facebook page. 


Once completed it should be posted to the address on the form or sent electronically to the festival email address. Payment can be made via cheque or bank transfer. (please ensure any payment includes your boat name as a reference)

CONTACT INFO
Address:
Clashwhannon Caravan and Public House
​Drummore
http://www.clashwhannoncaravanpark.co.uk
 
Telephone:
01776 840632
Email: ​​ [email protected]

FAQ

This section will hopefully answer any questions you have regarding the Festival. If you cannot find an answer here please email us or send us a private message via Facebook but please read through the web page and Facebook page before asking. Thank you, the MOGSAF team.  

   
Q. WHAT IS THE AIM OF THE FESTIVAL?

A. The aim of the festival is to introduce a species hunt competition to the sea anglers calendar. This will not only show the incredible bio diversity of sea angling in the South West of Scotland but also  promote catch and release fishing,  promote the region as a tourist destination and last but certainly not least, the aim of the festival is to gather a group of likeminded individuals to go fishing and have a good time.

Q. WHO IS RUNNING THE FESTIVAL?

A. The festival is being run by 5 like minded sea anglers who saw a need for a small boat angling festival in Scotland that could attract like minded anglers dedicated to conservation, promoting tourism and the sport of sea angling in Scotland. 

Q. ARE THE ORGANISERS  OR THE COMPETITION AFFILIATED TO ANY OTHER ORGANISATION?

A. No, this a stand alone competition that 6 volunteers have put time and commitment into organising in the strong belief it can grow to be a major event in the sea angling world. 

Q. WHO BENEFITS FROM THE FESTIVAL?

A. Undoubtably you the angler will benefit from the festival. The local community, shops, petrol stations, the owners of caravan sites, B&B's, hotels and camp sites will also benefit. The organisers are also talking to a number of charities involved in conservation and sea angling about attending. The committee will also be looking to donate to the local RNLI. 


Q. WHO CAN ENTER THE FESTIVAL?

A. The festival is open to anyone with a private boat under 22ft that can be legally trailered. Persons entering must ensure they have the minimum safety equipement specified in rules 2 & 6


 Q. WHAT HAPPENS TO MY ENTRY FEES?

A. It is difficult to name the prizes at this stage because this is our first event. The organisers have carefully worked out a formula for prizes, with the intention of giving as many people as possible the opportunity to win a prize. The total pay-out will be 85% of the entry money, leaving 15% for administration and promotion.
 
Q. WHAT IS THE MAIN PRIZE?

A. The biggest prize will go to the boat that achieves the most species in the two days and will include money and a pick from the prize table. Prizes will go to the top 5 boats on a reducing scale.
 
Q. ARE THERE ONLY PRIZES FOR THE BOATS WITH THE MOST SPECIES?

A. No, the longest and second longest capture of each of eight nominated species over the two days carries a first and second prize. The nominated species are wrasse, ray, (excluding common skate) bull huss, cod, haddock, pollack, gurnard and smoothound.
 
Q. ARE THERE ANY OTHER PRIZES?

A. The longest shark, longest round fish (cod, haddock or pollack) and longest flatfish over the two days will receive monetary prizes.
 
Q. ARE THERE ANY SUPERPOOLS?

A. Competitors will be invited invited to take part in a daily “Superpool” competition paid for at the pre event skipper’s meeting. (Each boats full crew have to sign up) The format will depend on the venue. The superpools are 100% pay out (45%.35% 20%) and have the following format:

PORT LOGAN  - Round fish Superpool five
The total combined longest length of a cod, haddock, coalfish, whiting and pollack.

DRUMMORE – Shark Superpool five
The total combined longest length of a huss, tope, lesser spotted catshark, ray and smoothound.
 
Q. WILL THERE BE OTHER TABLE PRIZES?

A. The committee has successfully negotiated with GAC and Snowbee for fishing prizes but this is an ongoing process so we can only say, “watch this space”
 
Q. CAN I USE MORE THAN 1 ROD?

A.  There will be a maximum of 2 rods per competitor.
 
Q. HOW MANY HOOKS CAN I USE?

A. There will be a maximum of 3 hooks per rod. (treble hooks to count as one)